Poppoff Inc. is the premier concrete contractor in the Pacific Northwest, providing services such as concrete flatwork, concrete pumping, and tilt-up construction. Poppoff Inc. is looking for driven individuals to join our team and help us expand our capabilities.
Description of Essential Tasks
The employee is responsible for placing and finishing concrete slabs including screeding, rodding, bull floating, edging, darbying, setting forms, and operating power trowel machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties relating to finisher will include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting screeds, rodding, mucking, grading, shaping, smoothing and finishing freshly poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, curbs, steps, stairways, or any other concrete surface that requires finishing.
- Use of hand-tools including floats, trowels, screeds and straightedges.
- Removal of rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using the grinder or chisel and hammer or jack hammer.
- Patching holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound to seal joints and cracks, molding expansion joints and edges.
- Using edging tools, jointers, and straight edges.
- Cutting joints with concrete saws for the control of cracks.
- Application of curing compounds, penetrating sealer and primer protective coatings to concrete floors, walls, etc.
- Clean up as required.
Duties relating to carpentry will include but are not limited to the following:
- Measuring, cutting and seating of forms.
- Setting of barrier walls, concrete curbs, gutters and sidewalk forms.
- Clean-up as required.